Cocoon Organic Laundry is a product line with 100% natural laundry products for yourself and your home. Made with love for our nature by 100% sustainable and environment friendly commodities. Traditional and modern detergent is made with harmful chemicals and we wish to give you a better alternative! When you use our laundry products, you avoid chemicals in your laundry and also in our nature.
Soap nuts also known as soapberries are the fruits of the tree of the Latin name Sapindus Mukorossi. The name Sapindus originally derives from the Latin word Sapo, meaning soap, and the Indian word Indus, meaning Native American. Today, the soapberry tree grows wild in the tropical regions of both central America and southern Asia. Our soapberries grow wild in the subtropical regions of the foothills of the Himalayas in northern India. We use these soapberries as they are of the best quality. Soapberries are mostly called soap nuts even though they are fruits and not nuts.
Soapberries are a vegan, hypoallergenic and 100% natural detergent that can be used for everything from laundry, to cleaning and shaving foam. The berries are incredibly effective and at the same time very gentle to your laundry. With soapberries, you can be sure your laundry will be fresh and clean. The gentleness of the soap will keep the colors and texture of your clothes for longer.
The soapberries can be used for all fabrics, including fabrics such as silk, wool and kapok.
Our soapberries are available in three sizes;
250g which gives approx. 90 washes
500g which gives approx. 180 washes
1000g which gives approx. 360 washes
Natural scented laundry
Our essential oils are the mildest essential oils on the market and 100% organic certified by USFDA and WHO. Our 100% pure oil can be added to your laundry during washing or drying. Essential oils are an excellent and environment-friendly alternative to fabric softener, that contains harmful chemicals for our nature.
Our oils are extracted naturally by cold pressing by water distillation of flowers, fruits, shells and other plant parts. Therefore, you can be sure that our oils are 100% natural and do not contain any synthetic or nature-identical additives.
We all love fragrant laundry, including us green nerds at Cocoon Company, which is why we think our essential oils are a must-have together with our soapberries. The soapberries do not contain any scent, so we have worked hard to find the best and mildest natural essential oils for your laundry.
Wool dryer balls reduce your drying time with 25%
Natural wool dryer balls reduce your drying time with 25% due to wool’s strong moisture-absorbing properties. Also, when the wool dryer balls move around in the dryer, they lift and separate the laundry. Thus, the warm air can better circulate in the dryer and makes the laundry dry faster. Another advantage is that wool dryer balls reduce the accumulation of static electricity in the laundry and can therefore be used for synthetic fabrics that can withstand dryer.
Our wool balls are available in bags of 4 or 6 pieces. Half of which will be white balls and the other half will be grey. The white balls are of course for light clothes and the grey ones for dark and colored clothes.
It is pure vegan magic!
Cocoon stain remover block is made by 100% vegan and natural materials. Very effective but gentle to your clothes and our nature! The stain remover is made by 100% natural oils and minerals. It contains saponified coconut oil, rapeseed oil, vegetable soybean oil and Litsea oil.
Litsea oil is naturally antiseptic and antibacterial, without being harmful to humans or the environment. It is also the Litsea oil that gives the stain remover its amazing aroma of fresh citrus fruits.
The stain remover also contains the natural mineral borax, which is an incredibly effective detergent to remove dirt and stains. Boraks are naturally disinfectant and are great for removing odors in fabric.
Due to the stain removers 100% natural ingredients it is possible to use it for all fabric. Also delicate fabric like silk and wool. It’s pure magic – vegan magic.
Take a happy bath and sing jubiduæ!
A sea sponge lives on the bottom of the ocean, and are available in many different shapes, colors and sizes. Our sponges come from the Mediterranean Sea and is considered to be the best and finest sea sponges in the world.
A natural sponge from the sea is incredibly gentle on the skin and helps to preserve the skin’s own moisturizing oils. The large pores of the sea sponge enable the sponge to cleanse the skin in depth in a soft and natural way and help maintain a healthy circulation of blood on the face and body.
The structure of the sponge with many channels makes the sponge incredibly easy to clean. A regular foam or plastic sponge with closed plastic bubbles, is difficult to clean and many bacteria gathers easily. It is not a problem with a sea sponge, and it is therefore incredibly hygienic as a bath sponge. Thus, it is recommended for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
We have three different sea sponges:
- Honeycomb sea sponge
- Honeycomb wool sea sponge
- Silk sea sponge
A sea sponge is very strong and durable and with the right care it will last for many years. Follow our instructions and extend your sponges life:
- First, it is important to wash the sponge thoroughly with clean water after use. Make sure that all soap is out of the sponge if used with soap. Too many soap residues can slowly make the sponge slimy. Preferably use cold or lukewarm water to clean the sponge, as too hot water can damage the sponge.
- Drain the sponge and allow it to dry in a dry and airy place until the sponge is completely dry. Never twist a natural sponge as this can damage the sponge. Instead, drain the sponge by squeezing it hard.
- If the sponge is used daily, we recommended to leave the sponge in a saline solution for 24 hours once a week, for optimal maintenance. The salt solution needs just 125 grams of salt per liter of water. Then rinse the sponge with clean water, drain and allow to dry.
100% natural manuka honey soap bar
Our honey soap bar is made from 100% natural ingredients, where we especially want to highlight the ingredient manuka honey. This unique honey is produced by bees which harvest the nectar from the manuka bushes found in the wild in New Zealand. The Manuka shrub is a wild-growing shrub found everywhere in New Zealand. But as it only blooms for four weeks a year, the supply of this unique honey is substantially limited.
Manuka honey is famous and popular due to its documented therapeutic and healing properties, that is a result of the honeys very high content of Methylglyoxal (MGO). The honeys unique antibacterial properties are amazing in our soap bar. Also, the honey is very gentle to your skin and will preserve your skins natural oils and moisture.
The soap is handmade and contains only natural scent.
How to use our laundry products…
The soap nuts also known as soapberries contains an organic substance called Saponin, which is a natural surfactant with the ability to effectively dissolve and remove dirt from surfaces. The soap is released from the berry as the soapberry soften in water. Unlike ordinary laundry detergents, which are tougher on clothes, it is not necessary to add fabric softener when washing with soap nuts, because saponin naturally soften the clothes. Soapberries are easy to use in the washing machine. All you have to do is to put some soap nuts in the included cotton laundry bag and lie in the washing machine along with the dirty laundry.
- That you use 4 berries for a small wash with slightly dirty clothes
- That you use 5-6 berries for a regular wash with normal dirty clothes
- That you use 6-8 berries for very dirty clothes.
- That you use soapberries at 30-60 degrees. For short washes at 30 degrees, we recommend that you soak the soapberries first.
- That you reuse your soapberries approx. four times when washing below 60 degrees and one time when washing at 60 degrees.
- That you are aware that our soapberries are 100% natural and therefore do not contain any bleach. Therefore, your white clothing will not be able to keep the same chalk white color as if you were using a chemical-based detergent. Our trick is to use soda crystals with our soapberries to get a more white result.
Wool Dryer Balls
When you use our natural wool dryer balls we recommend,
- That you do not dry large amounts of laundry at once, as the wool balls work by separating the laundry to allow the warm air to circulate better. Thus, they need space to circulate.
- That you use 2-3 wool dryer balls to get the best result.
- That you use the white wool dryer walls for light laundry and the grey for dark and colored clothes.
- Allow the wool dryer balls dry after use
Essential oils must be used with great care. Do not apply our pure undiluted oils directly on the skin as this may result in an allergic reaction. Essential oils must be diluted before use.
Our oils are intended for use in the washer or dryer, where the oil will be diluted or partially evaporated during drying. Also, our essential oils is the mildest on the market and you should therefore not worry for allergenic reactions if you use them as recommended by us.
We recommend that you use essential oils in the following way:
- Add 2-3 drops of oil to your cotton soapberry bag
- Dilute the oil (1:10) with water and add to the washing machine drawer for fabric softener. Adjust the amount of oil according to how strong you wish the scent to be.
- If your laundry needs drying in the dryer you can add 2-3 drops of oil to your wool dryer balls. Leave them for 5-10 minutes before putting them into the dryer for the best result.
Moisturize the fabric and apply the wet stain remover directly on the stain until the suds is on both sides of the fabric. Wait 10 minutes before washing the clothes normally in the washing machine. Our natural stain remover works fantastic together with our natural and gentle soap nuts.
It can be necessary to apply the stain remover twice for severe stains. Eventually soak the severe stain with the stain remover suds. The stain remover works best with warm water.
For spots on padding or blankets rub the wet stain remover on a moisturized sponge until there is created subs. Rub the spot with the sponge or let it soak depending in the spot. Afterwards use a damp sponge to remove the excess soap and let it dry. Eventually do it twice for severe spots.