Why is yoga good for all of us?
Many do not think they are agile enough to enjoy yoga, but yoga is not only about body flexibility. Yoga is for everyone and will do you good in many ways, and body flexibility is just one of the many benefits, of practicing yoga. It is in fact people with stiff muscles and joints, who will benefit most from doing yoga, and will feel the greatest joy of improving body flexibility.
There are so many advantages of practicing yoga;
- You will be become more aware of your breathing and thereby learn to calm yourself and strengthen your lung muscles. Deep breathing can destress the body, calm your nerve system and provide more energy.
- You improve your balance and strengthen the muscles, tendons and joints. Some say that balance positions will also challenge your ego because you must accept that you do not have a very good balance and thereby learn to accept when something is not perfect.
- You can remove tension and create a better balance in your body.
- You slowly work towards a greater well-being, which you cannot do without once you get started.
- You learn to put your focus and energy in place. Too many people put all their energy and focus into doing special positions in yoga, but the most important thing is to activate the right muscles, which will increase your body awareness.
- Yoga not only gives you the opportunity to train your muscles and achieve better flexibility, but also gives an inner peace, and you learn to rest in yourself, which will give you more energy to tackle daily challenges.
Cocoon’s butterfly is your guarantee for a natural, allergy-friendly, chemical-free and organic product!
Cocoons sommerfugl der er din garanti for et naturligt, allergivenligt, kemifrit og økologisk soveprodukt!
At Cocoon, we value balance in nature and balance in a busy everyday life. Therefore, it has been important for us to develop sustainable and natural yoga products that can make your yoga exercises even more comfortable.
If you want extra support when you practice yoga, our yoga pillows are good at supporting you in your positions, regardless if you are a beginner or well trained in yoga. You will quickly discover how much a yoga pillow can help you concentrate better on performing your exercises correctly, and how much more you can get out of the exercises.
When you sit on a yoga pillow, you increase the blood circulation in your legs, and it becomes more comfortable to practice the sitting positions. The long yoga bolster is fantastic as support for your back, legs and kneecaps and good to use for relaxation exercises. It has a practical carrying strap at one end, as well as a zipper, so that the cover can be easily removed and washed (at 40 degrees Celsius).
Our unique organic yoga mat, which is hand-woven by women in India, is made of 100% organic and untreated cotton and is indispensable if you love to practice yoga or meditate.
Our range consists of
- Long yoga bolster with practical carrying strap. Made of 100% organic cotton and filled with the natural fiber – kapok.
- Round yoga pillow with practical carrying strap. Made of 100% organic cotton and filled with the natural fiber – kapok.
- Bean-shaped yoga pillow: coming Winter 2020
- Organic yoga mat in 100% untreated, organic & handwoven cotton (without natural rubber)
- Organic yoga mat in 100% untreated, organic & handwoven cotton (with natural rubber)
Suggestions for cleaning of our yoga products
Long yoga bolsterThe product has a zipper so that the cover can be removed and washed at 40 degrees Celsius.
Round yoga pillowTo keep the pillow filling in best condition, we recommend spot cleaning of the pillow. Simply take a cloth with lukewarm water and rub gently on the stain. Let it dry in a ventilated place.
Yoga matIf the mat is very dirty, we recommend professional cleaning of this hand-woven yoga mat. If not dirty, but just a bit sweaty, you can do the following:
Fill a small spray bottle with 2/3 water – preferably distilled water, 1/3 white vinegar, 1-2 drops of pure essential organic oil (see our lavender and palmarosa oil) – spray some of the liquid evenly on the mat and let it sit for 2 minutes. Hang it up and gently rinse the mat with clean water and let it hang for drying in a dry and ventilated place.