Organic and hypoallergenic kapok summer duvet
Invite nature inside your bedroom with a kapok summer duvet
Our Cocoon Organic Kapok light duvet is a kapok summer duvet for hot summer nights. Our kapok light duvet only has half as much fullness as our full-year kapok duvet. The duvet is filled with 100% kapok and has a cover made by 100% certified organic cotton. If you choose a kapok summer duvet, be aware that it is not as durable as our all-year duvet. The sparse stuffing in the duvet is more easily entangled during use and washing. That is why we only recommend washing your kapok summer duvet if it is absolutely necessary. Complete your kapok sleeping environment with a kapok pillow and kapok mattress.
Vegan & Organic
Kapok is a nature fiber, that is gatheret from kapok trees growing in the tropical rainforests. Our kapok products are filled with 100% natural kapok with a cover of 100% certified organic cotton.
Due to kapoks amazing breathability and moisture-wicking properties you will experience a fantastic temperature regulated and dry sleep.
Kapok contains a natural bitter substance that makes kapok resistance to bacteria and house dust mites. Also, the cover is woven so tightly that house dust mites cannot penetrate.
Why choose a kapok duvet?
Most people can recognize the experience of a sweaty night with a feather and down duvet. That is because feather and down is great for isolating and not very breathable. It is nice with a warm duvet but when the body is warm, it needs to get rid of the excess heat and moisture. Unfortunately, this is where feather and down often fall short. When we sweat our down and feather duvet gets wet. That you will not experience with a kapok duvet due to its temperature-regulating and moisture-wicking properties. A kapok duvet stays dry and warm throughout the entire night. A duvet with the nature fiber kapok is therefore an obvious choice for those who have problems with hot nights or small children. Small children find it difficult to regulate their own body temperature, which is why they often can get to hot in a traditional down and feather duvet.
Kapok is a unique fiber that is worth taking care of. Read our care instructions below and find out how to extend your kapok product life. Kapok contains a natural bitter substance which make kapok resistance towards house dust mites. Also, there can’t be created a humid environment in kapok that bacteria or dust mites can live in, because kapok is enveloped by a layer of wax that makes the fiber water-resistant. Thus, there is no need to wash your kapok product to kill bacteria and mites.
However, it is possible to wash your sleeping product with kapok. But to maintain the fiber structure and its wax layer it is important that you follow our instructions. We recommend:
- That you air your duvet regularly to maintain the fiber structure and to ensure a healthy sleeping environment.
- That you stain wash small spots
- That you only wash your product if needed and at 40 degrees and maximum at 60 degrees.
- That you do not soak your kapok product
- That you use wool dryer balls to dry your kapok product in the dryer. Kapok can be difficult to dry, and the wool dryer balls help reduce the drying time. It is not recommended to use tennis balls since they will damage the kapok fiber.
- That you wash your kapok product with a chemical free and gentle detergent, to be gentle to both your product but also to the environment. Such a detergent could be our soapberries.
- That you do not use fabric softener