Cocoon Care Instructions
How to wash your duvet and pillow
It is important that you are aware of how to wash and take care of your Cocoon duvet and pillow to maintain its properties as best as possible and as long as possible. They will last for a long time if you take good care of them.
It is often recommended that you wash your duvet and pillow 1-2 times a year to avoid house dust mites and other bacteria in your duvet and pillow. However, we recommend that you only wash your Cocoon products if it is absolutely necessary to preserve the fibers properties as good as possible. Our products don’t need washing to kill house dust mites, because our products have a cotton cover that is woven so tightly that dust mites and bacteria can’t penetrate the cover. Thus, our products are a good choice for people with house dust mite allergy.
Our products have not been treated with any kind of pesticides or chemicals – neither our filling nor our cover. Thus, you do not need to wash your duvet of pillow before use. Below you will find further details about how to take good care of your Cocoon product.
Kapok is a unique fiber that is worth taking care of. Read our care instructions below and find out how to extend your kapok product life.
Kapok contains a natural bitter substance which make kapok resistance towards house dust mites. Also, there can’t be created a humid environment in kapok that bacteria or dust mites can live in, because kapok is enveloped by a layer of wax that makes the fiber water-resistant. Thus, there is no need to wash your kapok product to kill bacteria and mites.
However, it is possible to wash your sleeping product with kapok. But to maintain the fiber structure and its wax layer it is important that you follow our instructions. We recommend:
- That you air your duvet regularly to maintain the fiber structure and to ensure a healthy sleeping environment.
- That you stain wash small spots
- That you only wash your product if needed and at 40 degrees and maximum at 60 degrees.
- That you do not soak your kapok product
- That you use wool dryer balls to dry your kapok product in the dryer. Kapok can be difficult to dry, and the wool dryer balls help reduce the drying time. It is not recommended to use tennis balls since they will damage the kapok fiber.
- That you wash your kapok product with a chemical free and gentle detergent, to be gentle to both your product but also to the environment. Such a detergent could be our soapberries.
- That you do not use fabric softener
- That you avoid washing your kapok product – the more you wash your product the shorter the product life will be.
Be aware that it is not necessary to wash your Amazing Maize product before use since no chemicals or pesticides have been used under the cultivation and production. To take good care of your Amazing Maize product we recommend:
- That you air your product regularly to maintain the fiber structure and to ensure a healthy sleeping environment.
- That you only wash your product if needed and at 40 degrees and maximum at 60 degrees. Also, at a low spinning to prevent fiber entanglement, but if the problem occurs, they are easy to pull apart.
- That you dry your product in the dryer with middle heath and wool dryer balls to reduce drying time and to make sure that the fibers are gently moved around. Do not use tennis balls since they will damage the fiber.
- That you wash your Amazing Maize product with a chemical free and gentle detergent, to be gentle to both your product and to the environment. Such a detergent could be our soapberries.
Merino wool is a fantastic fiber that contains unique properties that is worth taking care of. Merino wool has a natural substance of lanolin which makes wool self-cleaning and antibacterial. That is also why wool never smells and therefor it very rarely that you need to clean your merino wool product – if at all! We recommend:
- That you air your wool product regularly in fresh air to keep its structure and volume.
- That you only stain wash if possible.
- That you only dry clean if you which a more thorough cleaning of your product